Business by the Numbers
Get practical techniques and confidence to manage the numbers in an agribusiness.
What is this course about?
- Build a positive and profitable financial plan for going forward
- Learn alongside other farmers and from farmers (Dairy Training tutors are farmers)
- Investigate future options for big-picture goals like self-employment or growing your sharemilking or farming business
- Communicate with your bank and accountant to get the support and understanding you need
- Feel comfortable in a supportive, interactive and user-friendly learning environment for all levels
- Balance learning with other commitments
- Qualify with the Business by the Numbers credential (15 Level 5 credits) recognised in agribusiness Diploma studies.
- Learn or enhance your budgeting skills
- Collecting good financial information
- Learn tools for good financial decision making
- Developing annual budgets
- Calculating milk income (an introduction)
- Estimating and tracking monthly expenses
- Predicting your working capital (OD) requirements.
10-2pm each day
Register your interest by 25 October.
|Location||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Oamaru / Rakaia||4 Nov||18 Nov||2 Dec|
|Gore||1 Nov||15 Nov||29 Nov|
|Winton||2 Nov||16 Nov||30 Nov|
|Ashburton||3 Nov||17 Nov||1 Dec|
|Hawera or Stratford||TBC|
Thursdays, 10am to midday.
Register your interest by 28 October.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|Online||4 Nov||11 Nov||18 Nov||25 Nov||2 Dec||9 Dec||If required|
Interested in this course?
Cost (inc GST)
Who is it for?
For managers, self-employed or those considering self-employment.
Dates / Duration
- Short course (3 part days in person, or online)
- Held between milkings
- Small class sizes (limited numbers)
Business by the Numbers micro credential (15 Level 5 credits)