Business by the numbers
Get practical techniques and confidence to manage the numbers in an agribusiness.
Rebecca Abrams talks about how Dairy Training’s Business by the Numbers has taught her how to build a budget. Please note, based on farmer feedback, this course is now 3 days.
What is this course about?
- Learn or enhance your budgeting skills
- Investigate future options for big-picture goals like self-employment or employing a sharemilker
- Communicate with your bank and accountant to get the support and understanding you need
- Feel comfortable in a supportive, interactive and user-friendly learning environment for all levels
- Balance learning with other commitments.
- Collecting good financial information
- Developing annual budgets
- Calculating milk income (an introduction)
- Estimating and tracking monthly expenses
- Predicting your working capital (OD) requirements.
|Online via Zoom||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Te Puke, Eastern Bay of Plenty||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Taupo, Central North Island||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Stratford, Taranaki||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Cambridge, Waikato||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Ashburton, Canterbury||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
|Invercargill, Southland||Courses starting soon, please register your interest|
If the timing or location isn’t right for you then let us know; we’ll create a course in your area. Contact Eleri Williams, 022 195 1190, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this course for?
For managers, anyone currently self-employed or considering self-employment opportunities in the dairy industry.
What qualification does it lead to?
Qualify with the Business by the Numbers micro credential (15 Level 5 credits) to be recognised in future Agribusiness Diploma studies.
Interested in this course?
Cost (inc GST)
- Short course
- Held between milkings
- Small class sizes (limited numbers)
Business by the Numbers micro credential (15 Level 5 credits)
Who is it for?
For managers, self-employed or those considering self-employment.