Financial Planning and Management in a Primary Industry Business
Take control of your finances.
What is this course about?
A key component of financial budgeting is creating and monitoring different types of budgets, benchmarking and analysis and interpreting your results. Understand where your farm is financially, and how you might achieve more profitability by learning about:
- Annual budgets
- Farm management calendars
- Calculating milk income (an introduction)
- Estimating and tracking monthly expenses
- Scenario testing
- Estimating tax and interest payments
- Predicting your working capital (overdraft) requirements
- Forecasting monthly surplus or deficit
- Analysing investment options.
Who is this course for?
Anyone currently self-employed or considering self-employment opportunities.
What qualification does it lead to?
This module can be done as a standalone module or as part of the Diploma in Primary Industry Business Management (Level 5).
Interested in this course?
This course is part of the NZ Diploma in Primary Industry Business Management (Level 5) qualification.
Your skills might already qualify you for credits.
“I am looking forward to next season when we go sharemilking. I used knowledge gained from the course to assist making the budget case for the new venture.”